Career in Focus Program for Young Adults
The Career in Focus program is for young adults ages 16-24 that live in Solano County. You can earn cash for completing activities while you learn about education and training that lead to jobs and careers that REALLY fit your interests!
Let us assist you with:
- Gain work experience
- Learn about employment, work opportunities, and learn opportunities and on-the-job training
- Use tools to help you pick a career
- Develop leadership skills that will help you on the job and in life
- Explore community leadership and mentoring opportunities
- Obtain your high school diploma or GED
- Complete occupational training or college
- Earn cash incentives
- Money management workshops
- Work readiness
- Wrap-around supports to help you meet your goals
How to Apply Today!
- Attend an orientation at your local America’s Job Center of California (AJCC)
- Complete the application
- Meet eligibility criteria:
- Ages 16 – 24 (16-18 years old must not be currently enrolled in school and not working)
- Registered, if applicable, or willing to register with the Selective Service System (all men ages 18 – 24)
- Meet low-income guidelines or have a documented disability
- Need additional assistance in completing education or employment
- Once completed, a representative will connect with you individually
Please contact Rachel Clark at (707) 863-3545 if you have questions or to schedule an orientation.