About the Solano WDB
The Workforce Development Board (WDB) of Solano County is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that works to build and sustain a skilled workforce, support a vibrant economy, and create a shared prosperity for the community of Solano County.
The WDB oversees federally-funded workforce services through the Workforce Investment and Opportunity Act (WIOA) of 2014 on behalf of Solano County. Services include the American Job Center of California System and intensive programs to support the talent development of the county.
This work includes planning and policy development, and alignment of workforce services in partnership with businesses to develop an integrated, responsive, and robust workforce system that meets the needs of both businesses and job seekers. Learn more about WIOA in Solano County…
The Workforce Development Board (WDB) of Solano County mission is to carry out a shared vision that can build and sustain a skilled workforce, a vibrant economy, and a shared prosperity for the community of Solano County.
- Impact Driven – We make the biggest impact one person at a time
- Customer Focused – Excellent customer service requires commitment, which requires participation from every team member.
- Knowledge – We continually grow, learn and share knowledge with our customers and each other.
- Importance of the Team – The combined effect of a team is greater than the sum of an individual’s efforts. Together everyone achieves more.
- High Expectations – Managing expectations and constantly striving for excellence ensures our team progresses towards achieving our objectives with the highest standards.
- Have Fun – We celebrate the growth and successes of individuals and teams.
The WDB is led by a 25 member board created under WIOA. The Board brings together business, education providers, labor, community stakeholders, and government entities to identify and address the workforce goals of the county.
The WDB supports job seekers and businesses through a myriad of programs and services to build and retain the talent in Solano County.
The WDB is a Union employer. SEIU 1021 represents bargaining unit employees.
The WDB of Solano County is funded through federal, state, and county investments.
- Federal – The WDB receives federal formula funding for workforce activities under WIOA. Allocations are received for adult, dislocated worker, and youth programming.
- State – The WDB receives discretionary funding from the California Workforce Development Board (CWDB) to support workforce innovation, regionalism, and industry engagement activities.
- County – Through a contract with Health and Social Services, the WDB operates CalWorks programming to support individuals returning to work.
Learn more about our career opportunities and competitive benefit package. Apply for open job opportunities and join our Talent Community. The Talent Community allows you to submit your resume, build your profile, and stay up to date with current job openings.