Do you need additional assistance finding employment?
The Workforce Development Board of Solano County (WDB) provides intensive services for job seekers who want to begin, advance and even change their careers. Partner with a Placement Coach or Employability Specialist to create a customized action plan to develop skills that meet today’s job market, utilize today’s job search tools, and land employment opportunities.
The Adult Programs provide individual services in three tracks. All tracks provide:
- Individual employment planning
- Customized job search resources and support
- Assessment of skills and aptitudes
- Job placement connections to employers
- Opportunities to earn a wage while learning new skills
- Access to job fairs and specialized recruitments
- Wrap-around supportive services
- Post-employment support
Job Seekers interested in Adult Programs must:
- Meet eligibility requirements for Adult Programs
- Provide progress documentation and connect with your Employability Specialist or Placement Coach regularly
- Share the good news when you land a job!
- Check in with your Retention Specialist periodically for up to a year after you start your new career
Through Career Training Track, connect with training opportunities that can help jump start your career. Skills Training can lead to an in-demand occupation through an approved network of training providers.
Receive career guidance and possibly financial assistance to help with your training-related costs including:
- Tuition and fees of the training provider
- Books and Supplies required to be used in training
- Uniforms and tools required while in training
- Certification/licensure fees required after completion of training
Job Seekers interested in training assistance must:
- Meet with an Employability Specialist to make sure training is the right fit for you
- Participate in training that is on the Eligible Training Provider list
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) when enrolling in programs that are eligible for federal financial aid
- Meet admission requirements of the training provider and be accepted into the training program of interest
Job Connect Track is great for individuals who have the skills needed to get back to work but need a little more help navigating the job search process. Partner with a Placement Coach, take advantage of Group Coaching Sessions, and gain insight from Business Services Consultants who have direct contact with employers throughout Solano County.
Job Connect provides customized job search coaching that includes:
- Resume review and customization
- Interviewing feedback and skills
- Networking assistance
- Connection to opportunities to learn on the job while earning a wage
Pathway to Success
Partner with a Placement Coach to recognize the value and skills you have to offer employers, while reducing the barriers that might stand in your way of employment. This program includes a one-week workshop and three weeks of supported job search.
Pathway to Success services include:
- Job preparation workshops
- Choosing the best career path
- Job search assistance
- Coaching on balancing life and work
- Connection to employment opportunities
- Possible assistance with transportation, childcare and interview clothing through H&SS
The Adult Programs serve individuals who are 18 years and older and are eligible to work in the United StatesIn addition, individuals must meet specific program requirements.
For skills training or job coaching, individuals must meet one of the eligibility requirements under WIOA Adult or WIOA Dislocated Workers:
WIOA Adult – individuals who are:
- Registered, if applicable, with the Selective Service System – applies to all men born after January 1, 1960
- Note: priority is given to low-income individuals, individuals who struggle with academics or English, individuals with a disability, and veterans.
WIOA Dislocated Worker – individuals who:
- Have been laid-off, individually or as part of a business closure;
- Have been providing unpaid services to family members in the home and have been dependent on the income of another family member but is no longer supported by that income;
- Were self-employed and became unemployed due to economic or natural conditions;
- Is the spouse of an eligible member of the Armed Forces on active duty, and who has experienced a loss of employment as a direct result of relocation; or
- Is the spouse of a member of the Armed Forces on active duty and who is unemployed or underemployed and is experiencing difficulty in obtaining or upgrading employment.
Pathway to Success (PTS) is open to Health & Social Services (H&SS) referrals only.
Have additional questions on which program best fits your needs?
Basic and Enrolled Services
Dawna Ferneau, 707-419-2634 or firstname.lastname@example.org or complete a Request for Information form here to receive additional information.