- This event has passed.
Hiring Right & Effective OnBoarding Seminar
August 30, 2023 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm PDT
Hiring Right & Effective Onboarding Sponsored by Workforce Development Board of Solano County
In this seminar, we will review how to effectively hire great talent without breaking the bank. We’ll cover all of the steps you need to follow to hire right the first time and ensure that your onboarding process sets your employees up for long-term success.
- Guidelines for developing quality job ads and job descriptions
- Cost-effective ideas for sourcing candidates
- Know who you need to hire and ensure proper employment classification
- Discover where applicants are and what to pay them
- Develop legally defensible behavioral interview questions targeting proven performer’s skills
- Review compliant hiring practices – ban the box, salary history limitations, and more
- See the critical hiring steps between accepting an application to the 1st day of work
- Uncover hidden tips, tools, and tricks for new hire success
Business owners not located in Solano County are welcome and are required to meet at least one of the basic ARPA eligibility guidelines. By registering for this event, you self-attest at least one of the below guidelines are true for your business:
- My business is located in Solano County.
- My business can demonstrate economic harm due to the pandemic with a 20% drop in annual sales between 2019 and 2020.
- My business is a microbusiness with 10 or fewer employees.
- My business received Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) funds OR a small business grant based on economic hardship as a result of COVID-19 and the resulting economic impacts.
- My business was required to be closed for more than three consecutive months per California Public Health Guidelines.
This seminar will be held virtually.
This complimentary training is sponsored by the Workforce Development Board of Solano County for Solano County employers.
Approved for 1.5 HRCI Credits. The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s (HRCI) criteria for recertification pre-approval.
Approved for 1.5 SHRM Credits. CEA is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit shrmcertification.org.