The Workforce Development Board of Solano County (WDB) connects individuals to training opportunities that can help jump start their career. Individuals can complete training that leads to an in-demand occupation through our network of approved training providers through the Career Training Track.
As a job seeker interested in obtaining occupational skills training, you may receive career guidance and possibly financial assistance to help with your training-related costs through the Career Training Track, such as:
- Tuition and fees of the training provider
- Books and supplies required to be used in training
- Uniforms and tools required while in training
- Certification/licensure fees required after completion of training
Job Seekers Interested in Training Assistance must:
- Meet eligibility requirements for the Adult programs.
- Be deemed suitable for training (likely to succeed and gain employment upon completion, as determined by an Employment Specialist).
- Participate in training that is on WDB’s list of Eligible Training Providers.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) when enrolling in programs that are eligible for federal financial aid.
- Meet admission requirements of the training provider and be accepted into the training program of interest.
- Be willing to provide progress documentation and connect with your Employability Specialist at least monthly.
- Share the good news when you land a job!
- Commit to allow a Retention Specialist follow-up with you periodically for about a year after you start your new career.
Are you interested in learning more? Attend a Meet and Greet session at one of our America's Job Centers of California sites.
Are you a training provider interested in being added to the approved list or add new programs to the list? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.